- 2 egg yolks or 1 egg
- 1 1/2 T. Sugar
- 1 3/4 T cornstarch
- 2 1/2 dl (1 cup) full fat milk
- 2-3 T rum
- 1 dl (scant 1/2 cup) whipping cream
- 12-14 cocktail cherries
- Combine Sugar and flour and cut in the margarine.
- Form into a ball, wrap in plastic.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 210 degrees C (425 degrees F).
- Bring water and margarine to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from the heat. Cool slightly, then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- The mixture should be thick enough to just keep its shape.
- Make 12-14 balls with a spoon and place far apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Roll out the pastry.
- Cut out round cookies with a 6-7 cm (2 1/2") cutter.
- Drape them over the balls and press against the baking sheet.
- Bake until golden, 25-30 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, Sugar, cornstarch, and milk in a saucepan.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, but do not boil.
- Stir in rum.
- Whip the cream and fold into the rum cream.
- Puncture the balls.
- Fill a pastry tube with rum cream and pipe the mixture into the balls.
- Top each with a cherry.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.