- 1 chicken, about 900 g (or beef / mutton)
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup shallots - sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 – 3 tsp salt
- 2 chillies
- ½ coconut - grated
- 5 cm piece ginger
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 5 cloves
- 5 cm cinnamon stick
- 10 cashew nuts
- 10 almonds
- 450 g long-grain rice
- Cut chicken into 6 – 8 pieces.
- Grind together garlic, ginger, chillies, poppy seeds, cashew nuts and almonds.
- Heat ghee and fry cloves, cinnamon, shallots.
- Add in the chicken pieces, 1 tsp salt, ground ingredients and curry powder.
- Stir to mix and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Extract 1 – 2 cups coconut milk from coconut.
- Add in salt.
- Mixed with washed rice and cook it.
- When the rice has absorbed all the milk, make a well in the center and put the chicken mixture.
- Cover and allow rice to cook over very low fire.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.