- 4 cup fruit, see suggestions
- fresh mint leaves or
- thin strips orange rind OR 1 tbsp toasted sliced/sliv. almonds
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp liquid Honey (caution diab)*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Suggested fruit: winter: sliced oranges, bananas, kiwi, pineapple, cantaloupe
- Or honeydew spring: strawberries, stewed rhubarb summer: raspberries, blackberries, blueberries fall: peaches, plums, grapes
- Combinations: grapes &, & blueberries, blackberries & sliced peaches, raspberries & blueberries, strawberries & kiwi, bananas & kiwi or sliced oranges.
- Diabetic caution: Honey has more carbohydrates than Sugar.
- Quantity of Honey could likely be reduced.
- Recipes in this book tend to be sweeter than necessary for a person used to low-Sugar recipes.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl. Wash Berries & hull.
- Slice if fruit pieces are large. Either mix fruit with sauce, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or at serving time spoon fruit into individual bowls or stemmed glasses and pour sauce over.
- Garnish each serving.
¼ recipe =
- 126 calories,
- 2 fruit + ½ milk choice 3 grams fat,
- 4 mg cholesterol,
- 43 mg sodium,
- 5 grams protein,
- 24 grams carbohydrate,
- good fiber.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.