This great-tasting dessert, made with better-for-you products, can fit into a healthful eating plan.
- Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour minutes
- Makes: 2 doz. or 24 servings, one cupcake each
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O vanilla flavor fat-free sugar-free instant reduced calorie pudding and pie filling
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Lite whipped topping, thawed
- 24 small strawberries, stems removed, each cut into 5 slices (or substitute 5 raspberries for each of the sliced strawberries)
- ½ cup blueberries
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package for reduced fat cupcakes.
- Spoon evenly into 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups.
- Bake as directed on package.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread tops of cupcakes with pudding mixture.
- Arrange 5 of the strawberry slices on top of each cupcake to resemble a star.
- Fill centers of stars with blueberries.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Calories 130 | Total fat 3.5g | Saturated fat 1.5g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 210mg | Carbohydrate 23g
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ starch, ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.