Hot scones, served as they are removed from the oven, are an English specialty. A must for five o'clock tea. Serve with butter and jam.
- Preparation: easy.
- Preparation time: 30 minutes | total baking time 10 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Rub in butter with your fingers, a wooden spoon or a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Add buttermilk.
- Quickly stir to form dough.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into a ball.
- Flatten to a round.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cut each crosswise into 4 pieces but not all the way through.
- Bake on the middle rack at 425°F for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.Very hot.;)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.