This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Carey Estate in Rockwall, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ teaspoon shallots peeled and sliced
- ¼ ounce white wine vinegar
- ¼ ounce white wine
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon pickled ginger diced
- 1 teaspoon key lime juice
- 5 black peppercorns
- ¼ ounces heavy cream
- 2 ounces whole butter at room temperature
- splash of cold water
- ¼ teaspoon chopped chives
- In small saucepan heat shallots, vinegar, wine and whole peppercorns.
- Reduce until sauce takes on a syrup consistency then remove from stove.
- Strain through fine sieve into another pot.
- Add splash of cold water and butter while whisking constantly.
- When butter is incorporated add chives, ginger and garlic.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.