Bezar is a spice mixture found throughout Arabian cooking. The spices are first roasted, then ground together. Once prepared, bezar can be kept in an airtight container for up to 10 months.
- 4 parts whole cumin seeds
- 4 parts whole fennel seeds
- 4 parts cinnamon sticks
- 4 parts whole coriander seeds
- 2 part peppercorns
- 1 part dried red chile peppers
- 2 part ground turmeric
- Place the spices, except the ground turmeric in a pan on low heat and stir continuously until they become golden and release their armonas.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool a bit, then grind.
- Keep in an air tight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.