- 2 lbs boneless lamb shoulders, cut into 2" cubes
- 2 cups yogurt
- 8 garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Purée all the ingredients, except the lamb and oil.
- Marinate the lamb in the puree for 4 – 5 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the meat along with the marinade in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- Lower heat to medium, cover and simmer for half an hour, until the lamb is tender.
- Continue to cook uncovered until most of the moisture has evaporated and the lamb is thickly coated with the gravy.
- Add 1tbsp of oil and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.