A typical Mozambican dish, in which the Portuguese influence is evident.
- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 300 g (11 oz) rump steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 g (9 oz) white cabbage, sliced
- 20 ml (4 tsp) olive oil
- 300 g (11 oz) potatoes
- 2 eggs, fried
- black olives to garnish
- Boil 125 ml (½ cup) of the water.
- Add the meat, onion, carrot and bay leaf.
- Season and cook for 20 minutes.
- Boil cabbage with 10 ml (2 tsp) of the olive oil.
- Boil the potatoes in 125 ml water.
- Slice the beef into three equal pieces, arrange on the bed of cabbage, alternating with the two fried eggs, and drizzle rest of olive oil over.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, and the carrot and onion from the stock.
- Garnish with black olives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.