- 4 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup water
- 2 cup skim milk or milk substitute
- 1½ tbsp fresh sage, crumbled finely or 1 tbsp ground sage
- ⅛ tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tbsp Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- Mix flour and water until smooth and no lumps. Put into medium sauce pan, and heat over medium-high heat until the mixture boils.
- Reduce heat, stirring constantly, and boil for 4 - 5 minutes. Mixture should be very think and bubbly.
- Add milk and stir until the mixture is smooth again.
- Add spices, and return to boil, cooking until it has the consistency of thick gravy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.