The best of all Kenya desserts!
- Makes 35 macaroons desetgrdt 346er 45eyr
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2½ cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nuts or cashew nuts, finely chopped
- some butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat egg whites into soft peaks.
- Gradually add the Sugar, beating after each addition until peaks are glossy.
- Fold in the coconut and nuts.
- With wet hands, roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into rounds and set on baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Cool on racks and store in an airtight container.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.