Bison, Grain-Fed Frozen, Ground or Stew Meat by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 7
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 x 16-ounce can pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 x 16-ounce cans tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Cook the ground bison and onion in a skillet on low heat until meat is browned and the onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, water, and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour, adding more water if chili becomes too thick.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.