This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Trapper Estate in Garland, Texas in 1987. Also part of the family collection from the Hoyt Estate in Allen, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 medium yellow onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ pounds small red potatoes
- boiling salted water
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Sauté onions in olive oil in large skillet over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper then cover and chill.
- Boil potatoes for 35 minutes.
- Drain and chill in covered container.
- Combine mayonnaise with dill leaves, mustard, lemon juice and sugar.
- Slice chilled potatoes and brush a thin glaze of the dilled mayonnaise over tops.
- To arrange salad spoon onions onto plate spreading into 12 inch round.
- Make overlapping circles of glazed sliced potatoes over onions.
- Spoon some of the dilled mayonnaise into center and pass remainder in small bowl.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.