This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Timmons Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pound frying chicken cut into serving pieces
- 8 tablespoons butter divided
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup orange flavored liqueur
- ¼ cup honey
- grated peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in large sealable bag.
- Add chicken then shake to coat completely with flour mixture shaking off excess.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large baking pan in oven.
- Remove pan from oven then roll chicken in butter to evenly coat.
- Arrange chicken skin side down in single layer in pan.
- Bake chicken 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, liqueur, honey, orange peel and soy sauce.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn pieces over.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken.
- Continue baking basting occasionally with pan drippings for 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.