This recipe is an elegant interpretation of the classic black tea with milk.
- From the Portland Oregonian's Foodday, 12/22/93
- Contributed by Stephen Ceideburg
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 Darjeeling tea bags
- 4 cup boiling water (1 quart)
- 4 cup whole milk (1 quart)
- 1 granulated sugar to taste
- Prepare a strong brew of Darjeeling tea, using 6 tea bags in 4 cups boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes, gently squeeze tea bags and remove.
- Pour 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons of hot tea into each tea cup.
- Foam milk in the steamer of ail espresso machine.
- Top each cup with foamed milk and sweeten with sugar to taste.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving: 100 calories (21 percent from protein, 30 percent from carbohydrate, 49 percent from fat), 5 grams protein, 8 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fat, 22 milligrams cholesterol, 80 milligrams sodium. Exchanges: ½ milk, 1 fat.