Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes: 12 Servings
- 1½ pounds Granny Smith apples, cut in pieces
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup apple juice
- 3 tbsp each oil and unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp each baking soda and cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12 regular muffin cups with paper liners.
- Heat a skillet.
- Stir in apples, ¼ cup brown sugar and butter.
- Cook until apples are caramelized.
- Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese, ¼ cup brown sugar and egg in bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Set aside.
- Put remaining brown sugar and rest of ingredients (except cooked apples) in bowl, stir until blended.
- Divide among muffin cups.
- Top each with 1 tbsp apples, 1 tbs cream cheese mixture, then the remaining apples.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cream cheese mixture has puffed and set.
- Cool in pan.
- Remove paper liners before serving.
- Goes great with a hot cup of coffee.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.