- 2 x 15 oz cans black-eyed peas, drained or 4 cups black-eyed peas, cooked
- 1 x 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 sweet onion, medium size, peeled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stem removed
- 1 tsp cilantro, dried
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 large or 2 medium size garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- Put all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender container, cover, and blend until smooth.
- If the dip is too thick for the desired use, add a little water and mix thoroughly.
- The left over black-eye pea dip can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for two to three days.
Suggested Uses Edit
- This recipe may be used as a filling for celery sticks or a dip for raw vegetable pieces. We usually make more than we need for our initial serving so that there will be some left over in the refrigerator for a snack.
- We enjoy it on our baked potatoes; or diluted slightly with water, we add this black eye pea dip to a large tossed salad with chunks of baked Potato for a “one-bowl” meal.
- You may find other uses for this delicious, versatile dip.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.