- ½ lb black-eyed peas soaked
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp water
- oil for frying
- lime juice to taste
- When peas have softened, rub off skins and soak an additional 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- In a food processor, process peas, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add water while continuing to process.
- Add enough water to get a smooth, thick puree.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil and fry 1 tbsp of the batter till golden brown.
- Repeat until all of the batter has been fried.
- Keep in oven to keep hot.
- Serve piping hot, sprinkled with salt and lime juice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.