- 2 cups black-eyed peas
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 garlic cloves; minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger; grated
- ½ red pepper chopped or cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 salt
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- Soak peas. Put in a pot with water to cover, plus 1 inch and add coriander, garlic, ginger and red pepper.
- Cook for a little over 1 hour or until still a little chewy.
- While the peas are cooking, prepare a dressing by mixing together oil, vinegar, salt and paprika.
- Use 2:1 oil-vinegar ratio and add seasonings according to taste.
- Add to peas as soon as you remove them from the heat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature and adjust seasoning then serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.