Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 pound lean ground Beef
- 1 1/3 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable juice or tomato juice
- 1 1/3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook beef in 2- to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring to crumble.
- Add beans, green pepper, onion, carrots, chili powder, garlic, bay leaf, red pepper and vegetable juice.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf. Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.