Black Bean and Cabbage Stew from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, US government resource in the public domain
- Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram or thyme
- 1¼ lbs potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 14 oz can black beans
- 3½ cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 6 oz cabbage or scallions, shredded
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion and leek and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and paprika and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add marjoram or thyme, potatoes, beans, vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add cabbage or scallions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.