Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups minced red onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 x 3-inch jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1½ tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 x 15-oz cans of black beans, drained
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 2 large ripe mangoes, minced
- black pepper to taste
- minced fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Saute Onion, garlic, chile, ginger, cumin and salt for 3 minutes on medium high heat.
- Turn heat to medium low.
- Add black bean and half the line juice.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until beans are heated, and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice and mangoes and add pepper to taste.
- Cover and let sauce develop for 15 minutes.
- Top with minced cilantro before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.