A Catfish recipe featuring black butter, pecans, and almonds.
- 6 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- Poach the catfish fillets for 6 to 8 minutes in barely simmering water to which you have added a touch of white wine and 2 lemon slices.
- Lift the fillets carefully onto a plate to drain.
- The fillets will hold at this point, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Black butter Edit
- Place the butter in a heavy skillet and heat until it begins to color slightly.
- At this point, add the pecans or almonds and carefully stir to spread evenly over the skillet.
- Continue to stir, while the butter deepens to a rich, nutty brown and the nuts color.
- When the butter has almost burned, slowly add the vinegar and step back.
- The steam and sizzle can scald.
- Take the skillet off the heat, stirring to let the foam subside.
- Set aside until needed.
To serve Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.