- 4 bars (1 oz each) HERSHEY'S Unsweetened baking chocolate, Broken into pieces
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cold whipping cream
- 1 Baked 9- or 10-inch pie crust, cooled
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling, chilled
- Toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- Combine chocolate with sweetened condensed milk in heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in almond extract.
- Pour into large bowl; cool or refrigerate thoroughly.
- Beat until smooth.
- Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until stiff; gradually fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or until set.
- Serve with pie filling.
- Garnish with almonds, if desired.
- Cover; refrigerate leftover pie.
- About 8 servings.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.