- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 egg
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup black walnuts
- Cream butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks all at once.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Set aside 1 cup of the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and the milk in small portions, alternately, mixing well with each addition, starting and ending with an addition of the dry ingredients.
- Mix together, the reserved flour and the nuts, and stir into the batter, mixing just until blended.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold them into the batter.
- Bake in a 9 x 5 x 3" greased and floured loaf pan, or 3 quart mold at 350 degrees about 50 to 60 minutes, or until done.
- Frost with your favorite icing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.