Arrange these imaginative chocolate and vanilla frosted treats on a pretty platter or tiered cake stand for a fun dessert-they’re perfect for kids and adults! To make 1 dramatic "black eyed Susan" cupcake, stir yellow food coloring into about ¼ cup vanilla frosting until it’s tinted bright yellow; use a star tip to pope on petals, then finish with a chocolate center. EP: 1hour 30 minutes plus cooling. BAKE: about 25 minutes 1hour 30 minutes plus cooling. BAKE: about 25 minutes. Makes 24 cupcakes.
- 2 decorating bags
- 2 couplers
- 2 writing tips (each ¼-inch opening)
- 2 star tips (each ¼-inch opening)
- 2 small basketweave tips (each 1/8-inch opening)
- 1 recipe Basic butter Cake (Refer below)
- 1 recipe vanilla Butter-cream Frosting(Refer below)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Prepare Basic butter Cake or chocolate Cake as recipe directs for cupcakes. Bake and cool as directed.
- Prepare vanilla Butter-cream Frosting as recipe directs.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups frosting and set aside.
- To frosting remaining in bowl, beat in melted unsweetened and semisweet chocolates until blended. (You’ll have slightly more chocolate frosting.)
- Spoon vanilla frosting into decorating bag fitted with a coupler.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into another decorating bag fitted with another coupler.
- Using vanilla and chocolate frostings with suggested decorating tips, and small spatula, decorate tops of cupcakes as desired with black and white designs.