From my Aunt Maggie's Collection. Notation on card says 1932.
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup margarine
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 cups blackberry jam
- 6 teaspoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda in milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 eggs (at room temperature)
Beat egg whites and yolks separately then put together before adding to cake ingredients. Add jam last. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Caramel Frosting
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ cup butter (room temperature)
- Cook all ingredients except butter until it forms a very soft ball when tested in cold water.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and cool until lukewarm.
- Beat until creamy and spread in sides and top of cake.
- If frosting gets to hard to spread add a little milk until of spreading consistency
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.