This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 chipotle peppers dried
- 6 serrano peppers finely diced
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- ½ cup water
- 12 ounces blackberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place chipotles in a saucepan then cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil until tender about 15 minutes then drain.
- Set aside to cool.
- Finely dice the rehydrated chipotles and combine with serranos, sugars, salt, cinnamon, oregano and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a low boil then cook until thickened slightly stirring frequently.
- Add blackberries and cook until they start to break up but not disintegrate.
- You want salsa to have chunky texture.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in chocolate syrup and pecans.
- Chill thoroughly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.