A Catfish recipe.
- 6 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- juice of one lemon
- Wash the catfish fillets and pat dry.
- Set aside.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Dip the fillets into the butter mixture.
- Sprinkle the fillets liberally with the spice mixture on both sides, and set aside.
- When ready to cook, heat a black iron skillet on the stove until very hot.
- Carefully place the fillets in the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Keep moving with a spatula to prevent sticking.
- When the fillets are cooked, remove them from the skillet.
- Remove the skillet from the burner.
- Pour the butter mixture into the skillet, quickly adding the wine, and stir.
- Pour the pan juices over the fillets and serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.