Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Cooking Light 1998
- Yield: 4 Servings
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup tomato juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp stone-ground mustard
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 4 (4-oz) portobello mushroom caps (about 5 inches wide)
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning for steak (such as chef Paul Prudhomme's Steak Magic)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- cooking spray
- 16 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 (15-oz) can cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (1 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add mushrooms to bag; seal.
- Marinate 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, reserving marinade.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes on each side or until very brown.
- Cool; cut mushrooms diagonally into thin slices.
- Arrange 4 cups salad greens on each of 4 plates.
- Top each with mushroom slices, 2 tomato wedges, and onion rings.
- Sprinkle each with ¼ cup beans and 1 tablespoon blue cheese.
- Drizzle the reserved marinade evenly over salads.
Nutritional information Edit
- 260 calories, (37% from fat), 10.7g fat, 2.4g sat, 5.2g mono,
- 1.7g poly, 12.8g protein, 5 mg cholesterol, 165 mg calcium,
- 669 mg sodium, 31.4g carbs, 7.7g fiber
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.