Featured for the Fourth!
- Contributed by SF&SC Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef, ground buffalo can be substituted for beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 4 roasted anaheim chile peppers, fresh or canned
- 4 slices (1 ounce) pepper jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- Smoking Chipotle Honey Sauce
- To prepare burgers, divide the meat into 4 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Combine the salt, pepper and creole or Cajun seasoning, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers until nearly cooked to desired level.
- Top each patty with a chili pepper, followed by a slice of cheese.
- Cover the grill until cheese melts and burgers are cooked to desired level.
- Spread the chipotle honey sauce evenly on each of the four buns.
- Serve patties on buns and garnish with lettuce, tomato and red onion.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.