- 2 parcels puff pastry
- 6 eggs
- 8.3 dl milk
- 20 dag Sugar
- 10 dag Sugar for whites
- 10 dag flour
- 2 parcels vanilla Sugar
- 3 dl sweet cream
- Pinch dough with fork to empty air pockets. Bake the sheets in very hot oven until they become yellow and brown.
- Separate whites and yolks. Beat whites together with Sugar for whites to get whiped cream.
- Beat yolks and Sugar, slowly add .3 dl cold milk and then flour. Boil the rest of milk, vanilla Sugar and very slowly add yolks and mix .
- The best way to do it is above container with hot water. Cook for 10 minutes until the eggs harden.
- Mix continuously. When done, remove the pan and mix whiped cream. Spread hot mixture over the cold baked sheets.
- Let it cool. Beat cream and Sugar and vanilla Sugar and spread over the mixture.
- Cover with another baked sheet, cut to squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Bled cream slices are well known cakes and the sweetshops and restaurants in Bled sell them almost hundred thousand every year.
- People come from all parts of Slovenia and also from neighbouring countries to taste Bled slices.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.