- Makes 1
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups plum juice
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cup almonds — chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and creamy.
- Beat the 3 eggs until fluffy and add.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and soda together and add alternately with the plum juice to the butter mixture.
- If the batter seems a little thin, add a little more flour.
- Fold in the raisins and almonds.
- Pour into a 10"-square pan greased and floured lightly.
- Bake 1 hour in a preheated 350ºF oven.
- After the cake has cooled cut it into squares.
- Serve with the sauce made of the second set of ingredients: mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in a saucepan.
- Gradually add plums and juice and blend well.
- Add syrup and cook over low heat, stirring continuously until it thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from stove and beat in butter.
- Add the almond extract.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.