This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Timmons Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts with skin (not split)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Prepare the broiler for grilling. Combine blue cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and thyme in a small bowl until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper. Loosen skin over the breast of chicken by pushing fingers on skin, taking care not to tear skin.
- Spread blue cheese mixture under skin with a rubber spatula or small spoon. Massage skin to evenly spread cheese mixture.
- Place chicken skin side down on grid over medium coals. Grill, covered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter then mix with lemon juice and paprika.
- Turn chicken and brush with the lemon juice mixture. Grill 7 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to the carving board and cut each breast in half. Serve warm and plain over rice, or with other main dishes, side dishes or appetizers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.