This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Timmons Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter softened and divided
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts with skin (not split)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Prepare grill for grilling.
- Combine blue cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and thyme in small bowl until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Loosen skin over breast of chicken by pushing fingers between skin taking care not to tear skin.
- Spread blue cheese mixture under skin with rubber spatula or small spoon.
- Massage skin to evenly spread cheese mixture.
- Place chicken skin side down on grid over medium coals.
- Grill covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter then stir in lemon juice and paprika.
- Turn chicken and brush with lemon juice mixture.
- Grill 7 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to carving board and cut each breast in half.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.