Yield: 130 chips
- ½ lb (8 ounces) blue cheese, broken into small pieces
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or rice flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat groats or chopped toasted nuts of your choice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and cheese together
- Stir together the flour, buckwheat groats or nuts and pepper.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter-cheese mixture and blend well.
- Blend in the milk, little by little, to form a dough that will hold together in a ball.
- The dough should be quite stiff.
- Divide it into 2 equal portions for rolling.
- On a floured surface or pastry cloth, roll out to about 3/16 inch thick.
- Cut into 1½-inch circles and place on an ungreased baking sheet, making sure the edges do not touch.
- Prick each cracker in 1 or 2 places with the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn, and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until medium brown.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.