- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks (white part only), halved lengthwise, washed well and chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1½ cups cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2 cans (14½ ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth, plus ½ cup water
- 5 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, mushrooms and cauliflower.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and water; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return pureed soup to soup pot.
- Add blue cheese to last batch of soup and puree until smooth.
- Heat through, if necessary.
- Before serving, top with crumbled bacon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.