Makes 20 appetizers.
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup finely chopped red pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- fresh basil, chopped, for garnish
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel.
- Remove mushroom stems; finely chop stems and set aside.
- Saute mushroom caps in butter in skillet until almost tender; drain on paper towels.
- Saute mushroom stems and red pepper in skillet.
- Add cream; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add cheese; cook until melted.
- Stir in rice, basil, and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon rice mixture into mushroom caps.
- Place mushroom caps in greased shallow baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish stuffed mushrooms with basil.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.