- Several dried corn husks, soaked in warm water briefly, until pliable, optional
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup regular or low-fat milk
- 4 oz. Monterey jack or Pepper Jack Cheese, grated
- 3 oz. fresh, creamy goat Cheese or low-fat or regular cream cheese
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup blue cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. dried sage
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease 12-muffin tin. If using corn husks, tear lengthwise into strips about 3Ú4 to 1 inch wide at widest point. Lay two strips overlapping in an ‘X’ in each muffin cup, with long ends jutting out above pan.
- cream butter and Sugar with mixer or food processor. Add eggs, milk and cheeses, mixing well after each addition. Sift together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sage. Spoon dry mixture into batter about one-third at a time, mixing just until combined after each addition.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, rounding at top of each muffin. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.