A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- ⅓ cup instant non-fat dry milk + 1 cup water (or 1 cup non-fat milk)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons roasted blue or yellow cornmeal
- cinnamon and/or other spices can be added to taste
- Add ingredients to milk; stir until combined.
- Heat in a saucepan, continually stirring; serve steaming hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.