Contributed by A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup instant non-fat dry milk + 1½ cups water (or 1½ cups nonfat milk)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup roasted blue (or yellow) cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Do not re-mix or stir.
- Pour serving sized amounts from blender to lightly oiled grill or pan.
- Wait until bubbles form on top of flapjack, then flip.
- Remove from grill when second side is cooked.
- Serve with a pat of butter and syrup, marmalade, or applesauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.