Purchased from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Notation on card indicates this won a blue ribbon at a church cook-off in 1972. These are very good. Tried and true and a family favorite.
- 1/2-cup plus 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4-cup salt
- 1/4-cup garlic powder
- 1/4-cup chili powder
- 1/4-cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 4 slabs Pork loin back ribs (13 to 15 ribs per slab)
- Combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, brown sugar, and red pepper.
- Start a fire in the smoker, add water and keep water in the pan.
- Let temperature rise to 225.
- Sprinkle the rub on the meaty side of the slabs.
- Place the meat in the smoker (bone side down, on the top rack), close the dome, and let the temperature come back to 225.
- Cook for 5 hours.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.