This rich bread is made with authentic fruit, walnuts, and tea, baked to smooth perfection, and served with peanut butter, as it delivers a colorful aroma that relishes and provides and is great for breakfast.
- 1 medium-sized Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- 2 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup oat bran
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 ¾ tsp. baking powder
- 1 ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup tea, brewed, black only
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice
- 1 tbsp. egg replacer powder
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup enriched soymilk (1 percent fat)
- ¼ tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with olive oil. Place apple slices in a bowl, and toss with lemon juice.
- Add blueberries and set aside. Combine flour with oat bran, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Blend applesauce with cane juice in a separate bowl. Using the fork or wire whisk, stir together egg replacer powder with water in a liquid measuring cup. Add egg replacer powder mixture, half a cup of tea, soymilk, and vanilla to applesauce.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, adding apple-blueberry mixture halfway through before ingredients are totally combined, stirring just until blended. Do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan, and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake 40 minutes, or until the tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven, and cool slightly before serving.