Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by: jkbgraysail via dLife
- 2 cups oat bran
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup non-fat or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup fat-free egg substitute; or 2 large eggs and 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola or walnut oil
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the oat bran, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir well.
- Mix the yogurt, orange juice, egg substitute or eggs, and oil in a small bowl.
- Stir well.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the oat bran mixture and stir well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- With nonstick cooking spray, coat the bottoms (only) of muffin cups and fill each ¼ full with batter.
- Bake for 16 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to sit in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate uneaten muffins or freeze if not eaten within 24 hours.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 98 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4.5g | Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sodium: 132 mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.