- 1 cup Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (or 2 egg whites)
- 2 tbsp margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar or heat-stable sugar substitute equal to 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen(do not thaw)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly spray 12 medium muffin cups (plain or lined with paper liners) with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine Oats and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in egg substitute, margarine and lemon peel until blended.
- In large bowl, combine remaining ingredients except Berries; mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not overmix. Gently stir in the Berries. Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.