- 1 cup milk or soymilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter -- melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sifted white flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries or other Berries
- Mix first 5 ingredients plus 3 tablespoon Sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, then eggs until just combined; let this batter stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining 1 tablespoon Sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 °F.
- Place Berries in a buttered 9-inch pie pan.
- Pour batter over the Berries; sprinkle cinnamon-Sugar over the batter.
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 °F; bake until popover is firm and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.