- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (not thawed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 in. loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat with an electric mixer the pumpkin, sugar, orange juice, eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Add this to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan. Fold the blueberries into the batter that remains in the bowl. Spoon the remaining batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.