This "drink" is well known throughout the Netherlands. It is associated with little old ladies, although the name translates to "Farmer's Lads" or "Farming Lads".
- Wash the raisins in lukewarm water and leave to drain.
- Put in a stoppered bottle with the cinnamon stick.
- Put the sugar in a pot with water just covering it and bring to the boil.
- Leave to cool and mix with the brandy.
- Pour the brandy onto the raisins and leave to stand for at least 2 months before using.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.