Curly kale with smoked sausages. A nice plain meal for a rainy day.
- 2 lbs kale
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 ounces crushed oats or porridge oats
- 6 large smoked sausage
- 6 ounces smoked ham
- Clean the kale, strip off the stalk and vein together.
- Chop roughly.
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Cook the kale and smoked Ham together in a little boiling water, salted if necessary, for 10 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes and the Oats.
- Prick the sausages, and place them on top of the mixture.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and boil the mixture gently until the kale is tender and the potatoes are soft; this takes about 30 minutes.
- Remove the sausages and smoked Ham, and mash the potatoes and kale together.
- Season as required, with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Replace the sausages and smoked Ham, and serve with plenty of mustard.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.