- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 8 egg yolks
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1½ cup whiskey (optional)
- Mix Sugar, flour, and salt in heavy 6-qt saucepan.
- Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Using wire whisk, stir egg mixture and slowly pour in milk and cream.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is thickened and just coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- The custard will thicken as it cools.
- When cold, stir in vanilla, nutmeg, and whiskey.
Nutritional information Edit
- 330 calories | 7g protein | 20g fat | 33g carbohydrate | 101mg sodium | 203mg cholesterol
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.